The Game Onboarding Specialist is the basic member of GameStop’s cloud gaming onboarding team. The Specialist follows direction on the execution, documentation and reporting of the game onboarding process. The Specialist relies on general competency with game installation and runtime dependencies in a Windows environment and is responsible to maintain the quality and functionality of an onboarded game title. In the course of their duties, the Specialist is counted on to report any errors, refine the process and maintain the required amount of weekly productivity. As a member of the onboarding team, the Specialist may be called upon to troubleshoot and test outside the bounds of existing process. The Specialist should be excited by the challenge of determining the behavior of an application in the registry, in the file structure and at runtime.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow the onboarding process from end-to-end on a variety of games for testing purposes and for production.
- Leverage, monitor and interpret system tools to understand and report any deviation in the implementation of the onboarding process.
- Execute testing and document successes and failures in the process.
- Provide feedback and contribute to the growing knowledge base of the onboarding team.
- Follow escalation or referral procedures in any case that cannot be resolved.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Some experience (1-2 years) Windows PC game quality assurance process.
- Some experience with Windows administrative tools, such as Process Monitor, Registry Editor, Perfmon, cmd.exe.
- Solid background as user and administrator for applications in Windows and Mac OS.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Proficiency in typing and data entry.
- Effective and dynamic written and verbal communication (in English).
- Familiarity with PC gaming.
- Demonstrated understanding of general information technology concepts.